Since I work from home, I occasionally pack up ye’ ol’ laptop and head out to one of my many branch offices to break up the monotony of the day. These are cozy spots where I can settle in for a few hours, sip coffee or grab some lunch and, of course, scam free wi-fi.
For me, these places are lifesavers. You simply know them as Capitol Roasters, Taylor Books, Panera Bread, Books-a-Million, First Watch and the like.
So I popped into Capitol Roasters (corner of Quarrier and Summers streets) the other day and noticed they’ve offering a few new sandwiches on the menu. In addition to their always tasty wraps, soups and larger-than-life baked treats, I’m especially fond of their fantastically flat paninis and other warm and melty sammiches.
And now there are a handful of new ones to try:
- Alaskan Salmon Melt – Flaked, wild-caught Alaskan pink salmon with lemon, sprices and smoked mozzarella cheese on ciabatta.
- Chicken Athena — Pulled chicken breast with feta cheese, roasted red pepper, sun-dried tomato pesto mayo and smoked mozzarella on focaccia.
- Florentino — Oven-roasted turkey breast with baby spinach, marinated artichoke, roasted red pepper, basil pesto mayo and havarti cheese on focaccia.
- Chicken Chutney — Pulled chicken breast with cracked pepper, topped with creamy gorgonzola spread, apple-pear chutney and buttery havarti cheese on ciabatta.
- Get Roasted — Tender roast beef with roasted red peppers, caramelized onions and cheedar on ciabatta.
If this lineup is anything like the last, you’re in for a treat. And if you want a little heads-up before you try them, check back here often for my take on them …
I guarantee I’ll work my way through the new menu in the coming weeks!