Whether we like to admit it or not – yes, I’m talking about you, Food Guy! – even the most disciplined among us reach for the convenience of fast food every once in a while. And indulging in the occasional biggie-sized triple bacon cheeseburger with fries isn’t going to completely derail our healthier-eating habits.
But if you find life steering you through a drive-thru, there are “better” choices you can make.
- At McDonald’s, instead of a Sausage Egg McMuffin (450 calories) try a Fresh Fruit and Nut Oatmeal (290 calories) or Yogurt Parfait (160 calories).
- At Dunkin Doughnuts, the Sausage, Egg and Cheese on Croissant (690 calories) does a lot more damage than the Egg White Veggie Wake-up Wrap (150 calories).
- At Wendy’s, skip the Premium Fish Fillet Sandwich (500 calories) in favor of the Ultimate Chicken Grill Sandwich (370 calories) or a Grill Chicken Go Wrap (260 calories).
- At Burger King, pass on the Whopper with Cheese (710 calories) – this is me, crying – and try the Tender Grill Chicken Sandwich (470 calories) or Veggie Burger (410 calories).
- And at the convenience store, Smartfood Popcorn (100 calories) beats out Potato Chips (averaging 140-250 calories).