Fazio’s: Still in Love After All These Years

September 7, 2011 by The Food Guy
No Gravatar

A birthday celebration took us to Fazio’s this past weekend for what was another stellar meal.

We don’t go there very often, yet every time when we do the experience is so good we’re, like, “Why don’t we come here more often?”

In a world where independently owned local restaurants come and go (or survive despite mediocre reviews) Fazio’s has stood the test of time with exceptional food and service. I’m not saying it’s the best restaurant in town, but I can count on one hand the places that are so consistently good that I never think twice about making a reservation there.

Fazio’s is one of them.

On this recent visit, folks at our table ordered traditional pasta dishes (cannelloni, chicken basil, cacciatore) along with steak and seafood entrees. No surprise everyone left happy.

Tags: , , ,

8 Responses to “Fazio’s: Still in Love After All These Years”

1. FrankieNo Gravatar says:

I’ve been a customer at Joe Fazio’s for over 55 years, they have been the best, and still are!! I’ve eaten all over the east coast and Joe’s surpasses them all, in food and service.

2. The Food GuyNo Gravatar says:

Here here!!

3. CharlestonAthleteNo Gravatar says:

I have lived in Charleston for many years and honestly, do not understand all of the hype about this restaurant. The food is overpriced, not seasoned well, and is served in a location whose ambiance can only indicate that the owners would rather put the money in the bank rather than update the place. Seriously, if you think this is excellent Italian food, get out a little more and see what else is available. You will be very glad that you did! Rocco’s in Ceredo is twice as good as this!

4. LangstonNo Gravatar says:

Charleston Athlete is correct: Rocco’s blows Fazio’s away and is a worthy destination in itself. Too much attitude at Fazio’s:(You know who you are)

5. SportsWidowNo Gravatar says:

I’ve eaten more than my fair share of pasta in my lifetime – and Fazio’s is one of the best! (As for Rocco’s – it never seemed clean to me – so it bothered me to eat there.)

6. marcoNo Gravatar says:

Its been there ever since I can remember and is one place I always go back to when i come in. If it wasn’t good it wouldn’t have survived all these years.

7. madmaxNo Gravatar says:

Count me as a disliker too. I too have lived in Charleston all my life, and I have not been to Fazios in years nor do I ever plan on going back. The food is lame, the prices are high, and like another post says, too much attitude. If Murials in Fairmont ever opened in Charleston fazios would have to shut the doors. They would not stand a chance. Interesting how Fazios and Fazolis are similar.

8. Nancy GibsonNo Gravatar says:

My husband, Ted and I had our first date at Fazio’s for our first date. That was over forty years ago and we still love it.