We all know food keeps us nourished, but did you know it can also help you out with pain relief? Or part of your daily beauty regimen?
Heed these tips, from Best Life magazine …
- SUNBURN/RAZOR BURN: Dab with milk. Its coolness and lactic acid can relieve inflammation. Olive oil has properties that may accomplish the same thing.
- MINOR WOUND: Honey deprives bacteria of the moisture it needs to multiply.
- FLAKY SKIN: Sugar is a great exfoliant. Scrub your hands with wet sugar to scrub away dead skin.
- DRY SKIN/LIPS: Olive oil’s natural oils work wonders on your skin.
- BUG BITES: The acidity of apple cider vinegar can reduce swelling, curbing your urge to scratch.
- ATHLETE’S FOOT: Three parts apple cider vinegar to one part water makes a great soak that can kill the fungi that cause foot funk.
- STINKY SNEAKERS: Baking soda neutralizes many an odor around the house, including those coming from your Nikes. Sprinkle liberally. Orange peels left inside shoes overnight can also freshen them up quite a bit.
- REEKING ARMPITS: Again with the apple cider vinegar. Its astringent properties help break down the bacteria that party in your pits.