City officials gathered Friday morning at Haddad Riverfront Park to announce the 2014 line-up for Charleston’s annual Live on the Levee concert series.
The free concerts, held each Friday at 6:30 p.m., will be held over 15 weeks from May 23 to Aug. 29.
This is the 11th season for Live on the Levee.
Here’s the line-up:
- May 23 - Columbus funk-soul group Thump Daddy with opening act Downtown King
- May 30 – Local band Time and Distance with Beggar’s Clan
- June 6 – Mother’s Nature with Lola Spencer
- June 13 – Classic rock revue Midnight Special with Cat Daddy’s
- June 20 – Local Pink Floyd tribute act USFLOYD with rock trio Farnsworth
- June 27 – Former “X Factor” contestant Colton Pack with “Chasing Nashville” star Autumn Blair
- July 4 – Neil Diamond tribute act The Black Diamond Experience with Stonestreet
- July 11 – Gypsy-rock band Qiet with Tofujitsu
- July 18 – The Bob Thompson Unit with Marshall and the Groove
- July 25 – Jam band Donna the Buffalo with Morgantown-based group Fletcher’s Grove
- Aug. 1 – Bluegrass group Johnny Staats and the Delivery Boys with The Band Wagon
- Aug. 8 – Hybrid Soul Project with Hurricane-based country singer Mark Cline Bates
- Aug. 15 – Former “American Idol” contestant Josh Gracin with Dean Alexander
- Aug. 22 – Jimi Hendrix bassist and West Virginia Music Hall of Fame inductee Billy Cox with opening act John Ellion, another W.Va. native who wrote the hit song “Some Kind of Wonderful”
- Aug. 29 – Yarn with The Company Stores