How to watch tonight’s game

WVU and Huggins take on Ole Miss and former Huggins assistant Andy Kennedy tonight at 9 p.m. ET and I think it’d be a fun game to watch. The Mountaineers will try to make some shots — possible Bird Sowards appearance — and the Rebels like to run and shoot and score. Good formula for fun.

One problem: Most of WVU’s fans won’t be able to see the game by conventional means. The only television is Fox SportsNet South.

In and bordering West Virginia, you can go to listen on your MSN affiliate or sign up for the streaming audio online.

Other audio options include XM Radio channel 199. If you don’t have XM, can’t stand Caridi, don’t appreciate Jay Jacobs or just want a different take, there’s RebelVision. Don’t be fooled — it’s audio. The Rebels will also provide live stats.

My suggestion? The surprisingly good (and free) ESPN360.com, though you have to hope it’s not a blackout, which probably shouldn’t be a problem at the 8,700-seat Tad Pad.

No Responses to “How to watch tonight’s game”

1. overtheSEC says:

The only television is Fox SportsNet South.

YES!! Finally living in Vol Country has perks other than sweet tea and good barbeque.

What’s a bigger upset?

Syracuse beating Louisville

or

This West Virginia team beating a team it couldn’t beat the last two years

3. Foul Shot says:

Man, I hope the foul shooting does not kill us again this year. It almost bit us last night.

Almost bit us last year? We shot 66% from the line (18 of 27) in the game that ended our season last year. Of course, Xavier shot worse from the line, but still. . .

I am a firm believer that free throw shooting does not improve over the course of a season and rarely improves over the course of a career. Anyone who thinks we’ll get better with the free throws this year is probably going to be disappointed. I remember a coach saying, “The only way to get better at shooting free throws is to recruit better free throw shooters.”

The problem with this team is that, so far, Ruoff is the only legitimate 3-point shooter. If he is cold, then all we have are guys who drive to the basket and . . . force fouls (and missed free throws). At this point, I think this team is all heart and not enough height and/or athleticism. They are pretty fun to watch though.

Sorry for one last post . . . but I love that the Daily Mail sends someone NOT named Mike Casazza to the game . . . and we get a story on a guy who scored ONE point in a game that was decided by TWO. Of course, this is not to even speak to the fact that the headline says that he made crucial “free throws” (plural) which is not even accurate.

6. Alli says:

Mack, I agree with you about most of what you said, especially free throws. However, I do think we’re a very athletic team. One big difference is we lost Alexander, and despite some serious self-confidence issues, Joe was an athletic freak of nature. I don’t think any of us realized just how gifted he was until he left (well, at least I didn’t).

Everything else I agree with. We don’t have enough shooters, though I think Butler could do it. Like Huggs said, there is no excuse for Desean to go 4-9 from the free throw line. I also agree that this is probably something we should get used to, sadly.