Terry Henderson update

As we suspected, he’s been sick a while and may still be out a while longer.

14 Responses to “Terry Henderson update”

1. Dr. Love says:

Sounds like mono, I hope that it is not.

2. netbros says:

So is everyone being coy about Henderson’s illness, don’t know what it is, or protecting his HIPPA privacy rights?

Could be HIPPA related, Could also be Huggs not wanting the competition to know any more than they already know.

Sounds Giardia-like symptom-wise.

HIPPA changes everything. The best policy is silence for everyone. We might like to know, but we don’t need to know.

What if an amateur athlete had AIDS and schools were in the habit of announcing specifics before this?

I did some research earlier , but couldn’t find it – HIPPA may make it illegal to share medical info publicly – even churches have to button up when they do prayer requests.

and I was gonna say, if HIPPA calls for silence, then reporters ought to learn to stop asking (that’s IF)

HIPAAjust means your medical provider can’t give the information to anyone. Terry could tell someone who then could report it…

But really, who cares? He’s sick and he’ll be back whenever he’s back.

7. JPWVURFL says:

Definitely Mono. I doubt he would be around his teammates with the Flu. I was bed-ridden for two weeks with it. Actually delayed me coming to WVU my first semester. I lost about 20 pounds as well. He won’t be allowed to be physically active much in fear of rupturing his spleen. I can get bad. Mono actually infected my liver and actually sent me to the ER . It just wipes you out, and that sounds like what happened. He’s been kissing some gals, who have been kissing some other guys… or gals. It’ll take a few weeks to completely recover, but he’ll be okay.

8. Wayne Campbell says:

I once thought I had mono for an entire year. It turned out I was just really bored.

9. ffejbboc says:

The bad thing about Mono is that the virus that causes it – Epstein Barr – remains in your body even after you are techincally over the Mono. Then the Epstein Barr can rear it’s ugly head at any time. The relapses aren’t as bad as full fledged Mono, but it’s problematic and completely saps your energy. And it never goes away.

Kinda like getting shingles from the long-dormant chicken pox virus.

11. Foul Shot says:

Rough timing, the Hendo, Harris, Staten combo was raising our game.
    Looking like 16-15 heading to the B 12 tourney.
    Could possibly make a nice run here if they can surprise folks in these last three, but without Hendo and his outside scoring and penetration, this will put the team in a tough spot.
    Opponent tomorrow has no B12 wins, hoping that does not change after tomorrow.
    Huggs has not missed March Madness two years in a row in forever, and two straight losing years in longer than forever, so these last three will be interesting.

Epstein Barr: single-worst name for a place to go watch a game and have a beer.

The biggest hassle is that to get in, you need a note from Epstein’s mom.

same guy who started the phony note business?