An answer to an important question

“I’d say I’m the fastest on the team,” he said.

WVU went looking for another Tavon Austin and instead  found this guy, which isn’t a bad thing at all.

15 Responses to “An answer to an important question”

What’s faster? Alford on a slant or a knee-jerk anti-OL column by Mickey?

2. Rick says:

Completely off topic buy my 2 important questions are
    1. When does Bama tix go on sale
    2. What is the Charlotte game OL is working on

Rick: WVU vs. Jeff Mullen’s high-octane UNC-Charlotte offense!

BWA-hahahahaha!

4. Bobby Heenan says:

I thought Alford was pretty good getting off the line out of press coverage. He has a very quick first step and could beat defenders inside consistently toward the end of the year.

It was pretty surprising to me (and our coaches as well I bet) that our back up inside WR at the beginning of the B12 conference schedule would end up as far and away our best outside WR by the end of the year.

5. Mr M says:

Rick — I know some people who found Alabama tickets on Stubhub yesterday — the “cheap” seats: $200+

And probably just as surprising that the starting IR (Jordan Thompson) would disappear again until he emerged, Superman-like from a phone booth, for that one catch in the Oklahoma State game, only to slip back into his Clark Kent disguise right away.

7. realbbbb says:

Rick,

The Bama ticket order forms were sent to the season ticket holders about 6 weeks ago and are due back by May 15 (same day they must renew the season tickets to keep their seats). I imagine public seats would go on sale probably at least a month or so after that once the WVU ticket office sees how many the season ticket holders have claimed.

I don’t know if Jeff Mullen’s offense is exactly “high-octane,” but I do agree that it shares a dinosaurian origin. The players plod back and forth, move like they are stuck in tar, and stand around like they’re waiting for a comet to hit them.

Sheik, maybe as with a coal, you just apply time and pressure to Mullen’s offense and it becomes a diamond. Of course, we’re talking hundreds of millions of years here. He only had three in Morgantown.

10. Sammy says:

Two unconnected thoughts:

1) Happy at prospect of a full season (plus offseason) for Alford. Honestly some of the plays he made in the Kansas game were truly impressive, and I don’t know why he didn’t get the ball more that game. But this is also the downside of JUCOs — he and Kevin White both seem like they are just about ready to get close to their potential — and it took all of last season plus an offseason to get closer — but both will be gone after this year.

2) What kind of numbers would this exact same offense put up — same line, backfield, receivers, Dana and Shannon calling plays — if we had a different QB, say, Geno, or even if we had Jarrett Brown? It feels like a lot of the pieces are in place to at least be decent if not somewhat potent on offense, but the quarterback situation seems bleak.

Any mention of Jarrett Brown requires by law the posting of this (skip to 2:55):

12. chocolate covered bacon says:

ILYD, had to watch the entire clip, but it did bring back a memory nugget of coal/diamond from Mullen’s offense.

How about an offensive coaching staff looking at Brown’s talent wasting away backing-up Pat White and the one position that talent is applied to, FULLBACK! Being a card caring member of AARP, that’s offensive!

The football gods decided if that’s the best application of talent our coaches could muster, there must be a minimum one year suspension applied to high quality quarterback play.

Sometimes, Karma sucks!

13. Unless WVU gets some consistency at QB and on the offensive line, it doesn’t matter how talented and dangerous Alford is.

14. EER81 says:

Rick, called Mountaineer ticket office on Bama tickets – said they would go on sale at the end of May to general public. Are getting 25,000 and will be priced between $80-$140. So don’t buy on stubhub just yet Believe there is a race in Atlanta – so hotel rooms are a little pricey and scarce in some areas – may want to book now.

15. Rick says:

Thanks guys for the Bama info. Looks like we’re playing Tennessee in Charlotte 2018.