Yeah, but for his next trick

Look, this is terrific. Of course. It’s Doug, and he does what he does. Good luck watching that and not getting pumped for the season … and dodge ball. But you want a real hype video? Wait until you see Doug’s next one. We’re allowed to talk about it now. It’s me working the beat in the 2013 season, just talking to people and typing and sipping coffee, set to that jam by The Heavy.

Update!

9 Responses to “Yeah, but for his next trick”

DougityDog can make anyone look like a D1 athlete.

2. JC says:

First shot should be Mike’s grimacing face as he attempts to lift what appears to be the collective WV newspapers’ WVU beat on his shoulders……

Tier 4 Gold!!

3. glibglub says:

I always misread his handle as Dougity Doug and invariably my mind drifts to Ed Helms’ little piano ditty from that first Hangover movie. “… and then we’re gonna find our best friend Doug, and then we’re gonna give him a best friend hug. Doug, Doug, oh Doug Doug Dougie Doug Doug …” Of course that just the way my mind works, and the parts about tigers mauling zebras and crystal meth tweakers don’t really dovetail with our subject matter here. I mean, they don’t, right?

juiced is right

for better or worse – the Alabama game and the bad taste from last season is propelling this team to achieve – and bleed.

HCDH is right – he doesn’t have to worry about getting the team ready for Alabama – it’s the game after win or lose

there is hope for this team – we finally have depth AND experience. You just can’t over-rate experience. It’s what propelled K-State two seasons ago

if the QB situation were not so tenuous I suspect we’d all believe that were would be bowling again

O line can keep Clint’s jersey from getting dirty and the team could surprise a lot of pundits

I’m taking the 28 points. I think it’s ludicrous for that many points the first game of the season. If this team doesn’t roll over and play dead if it gets behind, and this team fights to the end, no way Alabama covers the spread

5. DanInNJ says:

smeer – Agreed re: Alabama and the point spread. Alabama will have a potent running attack but we have a lot coming back on defense and I don’t see them running all over us for the entire game. I don’t want to say we’re going to lose, but no way ‘Bama runs up the score and beats us by 28.

6. DanInNJ says:

As for that video…..he did a great job with it. If anything, it will remind the players of all the blood, sweat and tears they put in during the off-season to get to where they are now.

7. Dr. Love says:

Awesome! Sublime!

The great thing about this video is that I doubt that the WVU workout varies in any way or or is any more intense than the workouts performed over the summer at every other D1 school. But *they* did not do this video; WVU did. That’s the genius of advertising.

It’s like when Don Draper told the cigarette company clients that their tobacco is “toasted.”

“Everybody else’s tobacco is toasted,” they said.

“No,” Draper said. “Everybody else’s tobacco is poisonous. Lucky Strike’s is toasted.”

9. Mike13 says:

Should be required viewing for every fan so that maybe they will think twice before yelling “you suck” or the classic “I could do better” while attending a game. It’s ridiculous that many fans behave as though the program means more to them than the player or the coaches. It doesn’t insulate the players/coaches from all criticism but fans should show some of the same type of commitment as those players to the program and support wvu 100%- not just when things are going our way.